Monday, August 3, 2009

Jenn's Bridesmaids Jewelry and other items



You know it's really hard to describe the items you create, to write it in descriptive form. Who knew it could be so hard? Barry helped me take some pictures of my jewelry and as a surprise he put together a fall catalog for me!

As soon as I get the words correct I will post a few of the slides up here. :D

But the real reason I posted today is because I finally finished the bridesmaid jewelry that Jenn had ordered. It was a 4 bracelets with matching earrings and 2 children's necklaces. Here is the problem I had. How long do you make a child's necklace? I had done searches in the past and had come up with nothing. I did another search this weekend and found: http://www.jsbeads.com/Articles/Designing_Jewelry_BS_FS/Necklace_Lengths.asp

And there is was a Choker 14/16 inches, "This is a good necklace length for a child. This way the necklace has 'growth room'."

So I went back and measured what I had made. 13 inches. CRAP. So I tried it on my neck it fit just fine. So I figured unless this was some freakishly large child hopped up on steroids then it should be fine.

The bracelets and earrings are blue goldstone with small silver beads and heart clasps. I am going to add to my catalog as a bridal party set. Or something of the sort. I figure I can keep the same design and change to colors to match the bridal colors.

Any other ideas for what they can be called? Or have any ideas on descriptive words to use or how your talk up your jewelry?

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!!! i love them!!! It makes me sad though to see how the goldstone doesn't nearly photograph as beautifully as I think it looks.

    But the sets are just lovely!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete