Thursday, September 10, 2009

Geez been a while....

Sorry folks... wow middle of august was when I last updated.

Well I should have a double post today.

Now that Jenn's wedding and Gencon are over with I feel I can finally get back to beading. Traci's Polymer Clay class was a HIT! Everyone loved her!







The suggestions I got were:






o Have a handout with all the info. Cause once they started doing stuff they forgot alot of the useful stuff she shared with them.


I had fun in the class too. I went home and created candy corn shaped beads and pumpkins. It was only after I had created the candy corn that I realized that is was White Orange Yellow. Not White Yellow Orange. Oh well. I covered the earring in nail polish. I think I might try The Future Finish stuff Traci told the class about.







Mom's birthday was September 1st and this was some of the jewelry I made for her. First, was a 56 inch amber colored necklace. However laying on a sheet of paper is doesn't photograph well. So I will need to take a picture of mom wearing it. It is versatile. You can wear it normal or as a two, three or four strand necklace. The four strand is tied with ribbon.




Then I made her bird and sea themed bracelets. The bird one was blue chunky odd shaped beads with bird charms and a earring set to match. The Sea Bracelet is serpentine aka "the New Jade" and sea charms.




Last week I did two classes to teach people how to make bracelets with the beads that Traci helped them make! We had a lunch class and an evening class the following night. That weekend I made a bracelet using the learnings I got from Traci as an example for the class. The lunch class had about 12 people while the evening had 5. I was beat after both classes.







No comments:

Post a Comment