Monday, March 1, 2010

Ok... I've been a horrible blogger...

But I am going to try and get this started again. I went through a slight depression, that I feel I am just now beginning to get over.

Here is one blog post that I had written up but just didn't have the energy to type up and post:
This was to be posted in January... So when you read. (Think January!)

It's been quite roller coaster few months I ended up having three craft fairs, I picked up the third craft fair from a friend at Nationwide it was only two days after the Nationwide one.

The first craft fair was in Dublin, it was a Nationwide craft fair most of it was in a lobby but there was one small section that was in a conference room on the second floor. (Guess where I was! - You guessed it. On the second floor.) There was 5 other people up there. One jewelry, one towel, one OSU knick knack table, a diaper cake lady and peanut brittle seller... And me.

It was a two day event, I had to work both days but my table was right next to a port so I was able to work just fine. The table was 25 dollars and I was able to make back the 25 dollars on the first day. On the second day was moderate sales, the OSU lady didn't even come back.

-- A moment to explain my theory on my crafts: I price everything cheap, earring 3 dollars, bracelets 5-7 dollars, necklace 10-15 sometimes more. My theory on pricing is, times are tough, I have a good job outside of crafting and I enjoy creating and selling my jewelry, so I keep the price low so people can buy. There was another lady at one of the craft fairs, her jewelry was on par with mine, but she used fancy beads. I looked at one of her necklaces it was 110 dollars! Others were 50 to 75 dollars. That is just *crazy*! To sum it up, keep prices low no need to over charge just because I can. Times are tough, price the jewelry to sell. (And it is great to see people faces when you tell them the price. "Really!? That is great!")

For the next two craft shows really proved my theory! The next show was downtown and the table was 40 dollars. I was across the table from Stapleton Woodworking, the table next to me was OSU stuff and records that were melted into bowls. >.> <.< Odd I know. As soon as the craft fair started I was busy. People were coming right to me skipping the lady next to me. At one point she came over and asked "Just what is it that you are selling that people are clammoring over?!" I was selling earring as fast as I could make them. I remember at one point durring the day, I was surrounded by people and some were handing me money and I had no idea why. LOL.

The last fair was a show at St. Joseph's montasory school, it was a winter fair. Besides having a headache the whole day, it was very sucessful day! The kids thought my earring were the perfect gift for members of their family and the price was right too.

Here is before and after totals of my inventory:

Before
Necklace 65
Bracelets 76

After
Necklace 26
Bracelets 25

And an unknown amount of earrings!

I promise I will be better at updating my blog this year. :)

1 comment:

  1. Woot!

    Sounds like you had a lot of luck! I wish I had an "inventory". I just can't keep one craft long enough to make an inventory!

    ReplyDelete